Monday, January 01, 2007

19. Select a site from the Web 2.0 lists

I selected a site from Web 2.0 Awards from the category of RETAIL - 1 st Place Etsy. In this category I chose Quilts then Patchwork. This was also all found in the Short List of WEB 2.0 Awards. I found this was a site where you could buy and sell things handmade. I liked the fact that you didn't have to pay or join anything to view the site.

The reason I chose this site category, was because I've recently become interested in Patchwork Quilts and was considering thaking classes this year. I've been given some basic lessons on hand sewing patchwork quilts. I thought I'de look around this site to see what people were making and selling.

I found a quilt titled "Heart and Soul Quilt". This was added to the site on Dec 31, 2006 and gave me a full description of its dementions, fabrics, shippinging costs and payment methods - much the same as EBAY.

I found this site easy to use and would be most useful to the crafty person.


Etsy is an online marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade. There are over 300,000 items for sale by 30,000 sellers from around the world. You can go shopping by color, geographic location, traveling time, connected hearts, member curated featured items, categories, and more!

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger yuxulangjun said...

hey, I just got a free $5000.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $5000 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home